Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Opportunitys and New Experinces

So on Sunday we get a call from the second counselor if my husband and I can come fifteen minuets before church to speak with him. Well we all know what that means before we even went to church. I hung up the phone and turned to my husband and said babe were getting a calling. He had that deer in the headlights look on his face and said "but i dont get callings" LOL! as i had predicted we received are calling and i was surprised and not so surprised that my husband and i were called to be Nursery Leaders! I was a little sad at first because i felt that i would be missing out on relief socioty and sunday school. missing out in that adult conversation and insight i have always enjoyed as part of my sundays. but my joy came two fold first when they told us that they were working on a program that would allow us to be able to be in nursery just every other week so that we could continue to go to our classes on the off weeks of course i am expecting a few months of nothing but nursery but i am okay with that because the second part of my joy was realizing as i was being set apart that what i could teach these kids (if only but for 5 miniutes if i am lucky) builds the foundation on which they will build there testimonies that even though it may not be stimulating conversation it is a very important calling and i should be so blessed to have it. I also feel like this will help bridge the family home evening gap it seems unfortunatly that without any children, Eric and I are not good at having family home evening but now that we have a lesson to teach on sundays we can spend family home evening studding the manual and how best to aproach it and capture the attentions of our little nursery children. I feel that this is a blessing from God. and Speaking of Blessings I was ever so blessed to have recieved a most unexpected call from an employer that is interested in possibly hiring me for there kids club. I was thrilled the pay is awfull but benifits start from day one and even awful pay is better then no pay! I have to go thru one more interview before they decide wether to hire me or not but i feel that the interview went well and so i am hoping for the best. this would definatly be a great oportunity to get back to work and still be able to go to school in the fall. it seems that the Lord is blessing me in more ways then I deserve.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa! It has been FOREVER since I saw you-- so I was really excited to see you have a blog, maybe now we will be able to stay in contact better! Jon and I moved to Logan about a year ago so we aren't as close anymore, but hopefully we will get to see you guys sometime soon. Congrats on the new calling and possible new job! I think the nursery REALLY is one of the most important callings in the church, I am ALWAYS suprised by how much the little kids understand and can learn at a young age. I am sure you will do fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in the nursery twice and I LOVED it! You will have the best time and those little ones will love you! And as a primary president, I can also say that people who are willing to work in the nursery are the best people ever (but I already knew that you were ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi M'lis. I just found your blog- good job! Nursery can be lots of laughs. Take a notepad and paper and write down the funny things that the children say and for Christmas give the parents a card with the funniest thing their child has said this year. They will love it.

    ReplyDelete