Friday, September 4, 2009

Best Soup Ever!

Ok for all my lucky readers I am going to give you the recipe for a "camp side soup" with a kick the official title is Black Bean and Salsa Noodle Soup YUM

Ingredients:

3 14 oz cans of chicken of vegetable broth

1 Jar of Black Bean and Corn Salsa (I went with mild but if you want more of a Kick go medium or hot if you dare)

1 package (5 0z) Japanese curly noodles or 5 oz uncooked spaghetti (or if you want more of a stick to your ribs kind of thing just throw in the whole package that's what i did.)

1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1 tabelspoon lime juice

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:

In a 4 quart Dutch oven (and or big pot) heat broth to boiling. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese; reduce heat to medium.

Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stiring occasionally, until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with cheese

Let me know if you decide to try it and tell me if you like it.

ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog Melissa! I will have to try this recipe sounds great!

    ReplyDelete